A closer look at the hottest mech on the market. @arc_mods 24mm x 88mm THREADLESS Mech Mod. Using a unique a 4 panel locking system for both the top cap and button it snaps into place with a magnetic pin when you twist it to secure the mod. It comes in a beautiful wooden box with everything neatly organized inside. The button is solid brass plated in 24k gold using magnetic repulsion system. Inside the box it has 2 sets of 24k gold plated, silver plated full brass contact pins, 1.5 lbs magnets, and springs in for what ever combination you choose to use. The pins come in both a long and short version so depending on the type of atomizer you are using you will need to use a different combination. The button is also adjustable so that you can raise the firing pin higher or lower it. The exterior is a combination of a polished top cap and button and brushed tube.
Our experience with it has been pretty good so far. What we really like is the the locking mechanism and its ease of use. It snaps into place and feels sturdy and secure. It makes adjusting for battery rattle and switching out batteries extremely convenient and efficient. Of course the size of the mod is with the trend of 24mm competition design and with a 88mm height it has a very very nice and balanced overall size.
The performance of the mod is average being the way it was designed for aesthetics and functionality, not for competition. There are some issues we see which you can see in our Pros and Cons list below.
We tested a few popular RDAs, which all look absolutely gorgeous on the mod: Bambino, Industructible Atty, Thump Atty, and Kennedy 24mm and all of those require the extra step of using the long contact pin + removal of the threaded portion + adjusting the button height for battery rattle, which we wish it would have just been plug and play with these RDAs. The Kennedy does sit flush but looks like it does not because of a slight angle on the corner of the top cap.
- Size - 24mm 316SS stainless tube.
- Height - Tube 78mm/Entire Mod 88mm
- Switches - 304SS top and bottom switch
- Button - Solid brass plated in 24k gold
- Positive Pins - 2 24k Gold plated brass pins, 2 Silver plated brass pins, 2 Solid copper pins.
- Springs - 2 Stainless springs plated in 24k Gold
- Magnets - 2 sets of 1.5 pound magnets
- Locking Clip - 2 sets of button locking clip
- Positive Delrin - 2 sets of removable positive delrin
- Locking Mechanism - Unique Magnetic twist locking and release
- Custom Branded Wood Packaging
- Made in USA Requires one 18650 battery (not included)
- Meter Fluke: 117
- Battery: 4.21
- Coil: .26 Ohm
- Voltage uner load: 3.55
- Voltage Drop: .66
- Resting: 4.1
- Combination of brushed SS and Polished is beautiful.
- Side vent on the tube is a nice touch on detail. I looks clean if you have clear or black battery wraps.
- 24 mm diameter is a winner for us
- Weight is nice, not too heavy, and not too light.
- Extra spare parts: 3 pairs of pins, 2 magnets, 2 insulators, and 2 springs.
4 panel locking system is convenient for replacing batteries and adjusting for battery rattle
a) The locking mechanism does not allow for maximum contact surface area between the parts versus a threaded device. This is tradeoff for the convenience.
- b )The mod could have been designed with less breaks between all the parts with utilizing a single tube inside with the locking mechanism integrated and a sleeve outside versus the locking mechanism is pressed into the tube thus having 2 breaks in the electrical current.
c) The button is a bit too soft for us compared to something like SOI Subzero spring loaded button or MAKR Mods magnetic system.
- d) Button adjustment should have been made of a nonconductive material like PEEK or Delrin to prevent any contact with the battery in case your battery wrap is slightly off centered.
- Top cap and button could be machined to sit completely smooth with the tube.
- Long pin seems to be too long for most rda's we tested unless you remove the threaded piece to the pin and adjust for the battery rattle with the button. If you do that though then button is about a hairline off from sitting flush, which may be unpleasant for some.
- Test Fitment
- Kennedy 24mm - Requires long pin adjustment + button adjustment
Bambino - requires long pin adjustment + button adjustment
- Industructible Atty - requires pin long adjustment + button adjustment
- Thump Atty - requires long pin adjustment + button adjustment
Product Link here.